MUA Lip Boom - Cheeky Review & Swatches

This was one of my purchases from my recently displayed MUA Haul and I have to say I do rather love this!

"Lipstick and highlighting gloss that creates fuller curvaceous lips for a dramatic illusion of volume"

This is what MUA have to say about their relatively new Lip Boom glosses created with Alexandra Burke.



I purchased mine when MUA were having their half price sale so it cost me just £1.50, though even £3 for this is a really good price and can be picked up either on-line from the MUA Store or Superdrug. As you can see mine is in the shade 'Cheeky' but there are 7 other shades available in this range:

  • Bring It
  • LMK
  • Vibe
  • Doing Good
  • O.M.G.
  • Ok.Com
  • It's a Situation


First of I undid the lipstick end as I'm really not a lipstick wearer (I actually don't own a single lipstick!) so was intrigued to try this out and maybe change my outlook. However on removing the end I found that my lipstick had in fact split in half :( I'm not quite sure how this happened but this means that I unfortunately can't use the product to it's full potential and instead of being a 4-in-1 product as claimed for me I shall have to make do as I can. Despite this the amount of bubble wrap around all of MUA's product upon delivery was, let's just say, impressive... there was loads of it!



I didn't let this put me off the product and swiftly moved on to investigate the lip gloss end of the tube, and boy I shall not regret this!! The smell is just Uh Mazing! I can't even describe it in words it's that good, an amazingly sweet candy type smell that really does make you wan't to just eat it up (probably not a good idea though!) I also love this type of applicator as it allows you to create a layered look, applying as much or as little product as you want (great for the varying choice options) and spreads out evenly really easily. 


On the swatches you can see how well pigmented this product is, the left hand side being applied normally and the right hand side being slightly blended in. It also leaves a slightly shimmery and glittery look on your lips as can be seen most in the left hand side but for me this really wasn't a problem.


I would say overall that with just the gloss it does deliver the 'pearl finish' that MUA promise but without the use of the lipstick I unfortunately can't comment on the other claims, such as the matt finish and increased volume. Alas I will not think twice about repurchasing this item in the future and hopefully will be able to let you know how it goes with the lipstick as well! ;) however, my lip gloss stash seems to be somewhat growing so I am going to try and get through a few of these before I buy ANY more...

Toodlepip! xox





Popular posts from this blog

Freebie hunting galore

Sweet Treats For You

Soap and Glory Hand Food vs Possibility Raspberry Pavlova