Magazine Must Buys! Glamour July 2013 Model Co

I just had to share this little bargain I managed to pick up in Tesco the other day... now I, as I'm sure is the case with most of us out there, do enjoy treating myself to a magazine and sitting in front of the TV with a cup of tea reading it!

On this occasion I decided to go for Glamour magazine which was on it's special price of £1... this is already a bargain but this month's issue also comes with a choice of 5 Model Co beauty products;


  • Mascara (£16)
  • 2 shades of Lip Gloss (£16 each)
  • Eye Liner (£15)
  • Lip Liner (£15)

I have put how much they are worth next to each product just so that you can really see how much of a saving you make.

I brought two episodes, one with mascara and one with lip gloss in the nude shade, which has been given the name 'strip tease'
 
 Though obviously the magazines are the same one of these will be going to a friend so it's not left sitting alone unread.

Upon opening and first flicking through the magazine I noticed there was another free gift inside the magazine in the form of the new L'Oreal Ever Riche Shampoo in a 10ml sample packet. This is perfect timing as it is going straight in my travel bag for the upcoming trip to London (Tomorrow Eeeeek!)

So onto the free beauty gifts... I've heard a little bit about Model Co but they aren't (as far as I'm aware) a 'cult' brand and they're not the most common but for the price you've surely got to try them out right?!?

Ok so onto the first, Model Co's 'Fibre Lashxtend Extreme Black Lengthening Mascara' It comes in a rounded rectangular tube, black in colour with pink and silver lettering and a narrow mirror on the reverse, perfect when you don't have an extra mirror 
with you and just want to do a quick touch up. 

The brush itself is your standard applicator really, quite a narrow brush with the prongs equally spaced, not too close but not too big a gap either. From first inspection the brush seems to pick up just the right amount of product, it is not clumped and is spread evenly across each individual brush.

I haven't yet tried this out so can't expand any further but shall be posting some swatches and an in depth review as soon as I have.

You can purchase the full size tube from the Model Co website found here.

Next we must go onto the lip gloss, I know just from looking that I'm going to go back and buy it in the other shade as well; a powerful cherry red from the images seen so far. 

It's full name is Model Co's 'Shine Ultra Lip Gloss in Strip Tease', this fact I hadn't noticed until closer inspection of the product!

As with the mascara it is in a rounded rectangular tube, the lid being in the bold black colour with a clear tube where the actual product is. It also has the same sized mirror as found with the mascara, as said, perfect for those 'on the spot' touch ups. 

The applicator for the lip gloss features a flat stick as seen below, allowing for an even coverage. On pulling the stick out of the tube it smells amazing, a really soft but sweet smell, one of those that isn't over powering but is instead juuuuust right..

Again I haven't tried this out yet but will be providing swatches and a more in depth review as soon as I have. 






For the full sized tubes visit the Model Co website here.

Again I shall let you know how I get on with the shampoo and who knows it might even be finding it's way into a full sized tub on my bathroom shelf very soon....

I really can't wait to use my little freebies and will be sure to let you know how I get on with them all, have you managed to pick up and good magazine free samples lately?








Shall leave you all with a little spoiler that I have heard for next month.... apparently the sample that comes with Glamour for their August issue will be a selection of products from the Good Things range. I can't wait :)

Toodlepip! xox


Popular posts from this blog

Freebie hunting galore

Sweet Treats For You

Soap and Glory Hand Food vs Possibility Raspberry Pavlova