I've Been Nominated for a Liebster Award!


First of wow! I never expected this but thanks to Laura from Miss Laura Bora I have been nominated for a Liebster award and I have to admit I wasn't 100% sure what this was though I knew it was quite a big deal... From what I've found out I can say that this is an award given to bloggers with less than 200 followers who are seen as 'up and coming'. I would like to  suggest you all go visit her blog and check out her reviews of some really good and well known products.

Onto the rules:

1. You must link the person that nominated you (again that was Laura)
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee
3. You must pick 10 bloggers with under 200 followers to be nominated for the award
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees

So number 2, here are my answers to Laura

1. What made you start blogging?
The main reason behind blogging really stemmed from Gerry at Little Swirl's Nifty Notes, we've been friends for a fair while now but don't speak as much as we should lately unfortunately. She started her new blog and encouraged me to get up and make my own so I did... I think I needed that push and the little bits of advice that she gave me to get me started. Now it seems like a bit of an online diary, I can talk to you guys and vent, share or whatever.

2. What is one makeup product that you cannot live without?
I think I would have to say foundation, currently I'm using Rimmel's Wake Me Up in Ivory and managed to pick it up in Wilkinsons for just £4.98!! You only need the smallest amount of this for a full face coverage and it matches my skin tone perfectly, don't plan on swapping for a good while yet.

3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Right now it would be back home in Lincoln as I worked out the other night I haven't slept in my own bed at mine for pretty much a month and it's going to be about another 2 weeks until I can due to work commitments and having to stay at my Sisters house. The massive advantage of this would be that I would also get to see my rather awesome boyfriend and get to spend some quality time together.

4. What's your favourite TV show right now?
This is an easy one... CSI, NCIS, CSI NY and the rest, I think I've got a slight addiction at the minute as every time I come in for work I load up my laptop, switch on TVCatchup.com and try to find which channel is playing an episode. I even googled rerun episodes the other day because it wasn't on at the time (how sad...)This Morning and Loose Women are my morning guilty pleasures though

5. Who is your style icon?
I don't really have a style icon, mind you all I seem to wear lately is my work uniform or pjs and when I do have a day off or half a day I'll just shove on a pair of jeans or leggings and a top (maybe I do need to revamp my style...)

6. What is your favourite lipstick?
Again I don't use lipstick, I think it scares me if I'm honest.. personally I'm more of a lipgloss person and my favourite of these at the moment would have to be the one I got free with Glamour magazine this month, a Model Co one in the shade Strip Tease.

7. What is your favourite part about blogging?
Without a shadow of a doubt this would be when I get an email through saying that someone has commented on one of my posts, gives you such a good feeling doesn't it, I instantly woke up when I saw that I had been nominated for this award, like I've said, I never expected this to happen to me...

8. What is your best makeup tip?
As I will admit I am no makeup connoisseur but I think I would say, try to be as natural as you can, everyone knows that that cakey face and orange look aren't in.

9. Why did you choose the name for your blog?
I think this comes through on my posts but I'm quite a random person and squidoodles and oodles if anything is a rather random name... I wanted something different that didn't include my name but that hopefully people would remember and be able to recognise.

10. How long have you had your blog?
I've had my blog since the 16th of February this year so nearly 5 months now that it doesn't seem that long!

My Nominees for the award are;


And finally my questions for my nominees...

1. If your best friend was asked to describe you in one sentence what would they say?

2. What is the best book that you've read recently?

3. What is the worst present you have ever received?

4. What is your pet peeve?

5. If you were stranded on a desert island what one item would you take with you?

6. What would you describe as your perfect date night?

7. What is your favourite quote?

8. If you had to recommend one thing to a friend right now what would it be?

9. What is your favourite blog (other than yours) to read?

10. Why did you start your blog?

Hope you all complete this and thanks again for my nomination Laura! xx

Popular posts from this blog

Freebie hunting galore

Sweet Treats For You

Soap and Glory Hand Food vs Possibility Raspberry Pavlova