Giovanna Fletcher - You're the one that I want Review

Hey guys!

So this is now the second book by Giovanna Fletcher that I have read and it most definitely won't be the last one either.

I decided to try and read all of her books in the sequence that they were published - not sure if I'm going in the right direction but I've just followed googles advice, and started off with 'Billy and Me' - again a really good book, tear jerking at times though!

Anyway I digress, onto her second book 'You're the one that I want'

I got this for a grand total of 49p from Amazon as the three app Wunto were giving away a £5 voucher for Amazon prime day which I couldn't resist! Eagerly awaiting my book to be delivered and there is was the next day. The first good sign must be the fact that I finished the entire book in just 2 evenings as I just couldn't put it down.

The book gets you attached from the very beginning and constantly wants to make you know more. It follows the story of a girl and her two male best friends throughout their lives, from primary school right up until leaving Uni. Part of the blurb reads 

'Best friends since childhood, Maddy, Ben and Rob thought their bond was unbreakable. But love changes everything. Maddy has a choice to make but will she choose wisely? Her heart, and the heart of the two best men she knows, depend on it...'

There are other parts of the blurb but for me they slightly spoilt the whole story - this is the same for the very first chapter in the book 'Maddy' as it slightly spoils the ending. I still managed to enjoy the book but it felt like I was reading the final chapter of the book at the very beginning and already knew how the story was going to finish before getting into it. 

Jill Mansell says on the front cover that this is a 'delicious, heartwarming novel, with a fabulous will-she, won't-she storyline that'll keep you up all night' and I definitely couldn't agree with this any more wholeheartedly. Despite my criticisms I would definitely recommend this book and encourage you to start reading it! 

If anyone has read any of her books please let me know which one to read next!

Toodles for now xx

Popular posts from this blog

Freebie hunting galore

Sweet Treats For You

Soap and Glory Hand Food vs Possibility Raspberry Pavlova